Monday, December 31, 2007

Arrivederci 2007!! Benvenuto 2008!!

Normally New Year's Eve is a quiet time of reflection for me. But today was filled with much driving and shopping for me. I got up early and got ready to drive to my mom's. This is about an hour drive depending on traffic and weather and number of stops. I had to get to my mom's early so we could then get into her SUV and drive to Boardman (about another 45 miles). We had to shop for the Baby Shower that we are throwing for Amber in a couple weekends. We were successful in finding lots of cute decorations and party stuff. It only took hours but it was done!

Got back to my mom's unloaded her car and then got back in my car to head back to Pittsburgh for my quiet evening at home.

Tonight has been even quieter than usual as I am exhausted from all the running around during my break. I really just want to crawl into bed and go to sleep.

But the big question...To make or not to make a resolution...that is NOT my question! I stopped making the stupid things quite some time ago. I do not need to add any more pressure or stress to my life. I do however make it my goal to add more healthy things to my life. However, before I get to setting those I want to take a look back at some of the things that I have learned this last year.


Things I have learned in 2007:
  1. When your car gets frozen shut and the streets are iced over you get to work from home. And nobody questions you!
  2. It is quite acceptable to wear a hat, a hood, gloves, coat, two scarves (one outside and one inside the coat) and multiple layers of clothing to stay warm.
  3. PA Car inspections are a rip off. But family who can fix the troubles is a huge help! (thanks!)
  4. Physical therapy helps heal when done properly. Falling down wet steps still sucks!
  5. Doing taxes for multiple states SUCKS! And doing my taxes late did not kill me.
  6. Small changes over time = big results and big rewards.
  7. Breaking a crown can be an experience that makes you a celebrity in your dentist office.
    I heart my dentist and his staff!! Oh, and, fixing a crown takes a whole summer if you want to get it right! And YAY!!! IT is finally right!!! Oh, swallowing a gold crown will not hurt you! It does make a good drinking story though.
  8. Playing softball rocks!!!
  9. Spending time with my sisters rocks! I am even willing to sleep on couches and floors to make this happen. It sucks but I will still do it if I get to see them! I will even stand outside in a torrential thunderstorm with an umbrella over the grill to make sure dinner is perfect! Not that the umbrella helped keep me dry in any way!
  10. When you arrive to a date and your date is already wasted at the bar...RUN the other way VERY FAST!!!
  11. Making new girlfriends has been WAY more fun than dating silly men!
  12. There are a LOT of bridges in Pittsburgh and I think I can hit them all trying to drive from point A to point B. Just ask Sophia or Andy they were my willing passengers on grand adventures!
  13. Hitting rock bottom does not kill you. Bruise you, sure. In the end you get back up and figure out how the fuck you are going to get out and move forward. It will be okay.
  14. There is good Mexican food, good Sushi and good Italian food in Pittsburgh!
  15. You can maintain friendships across the miles. It just takes a little attention and patience.
  16. I am happy.
  17. Taking the bus is good for me, good for the planet and good for my car! A minor inconvenience that will have huge benefits.
  18. I am a good person and people really do like me. :-)
  19. Losing weight is NOT a race; it is NOT a demand to be met; it is NOT anyone else's journey but mine. I am handling it slowly, steadily and in my own way. I am happy with how far I have come and I can see where I am going. Finally!
  20. Ask and ye shall receive...just be sure you know what you want before you ask!
  21. There are messages from the universe all over the place if you are courageous enough to look.
  22. I am loved. I am cherished. I am missed. I am really loved. I am respected. And I know it!
  23. Meditation works. Meditation rocks. Meditation will become a bigger and more regular part of my life.
  24. Laying on wet grass or a rocky driveway and being very still is the best way to watch a meteor shower.
  25. There are places where you can't buy alcohol on Sunday but you CAN buy a gun! This is of course after you have had a good breakfast and hot coffee.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so wrong... a gun, but no wine. Well, at least here in good ole' California I can do both! (I think, I really have no idea about the gun.)

Nicole said...

I am not sure you can buy a gun in a day in California but I could be wrong. Not that I have purchased a gun but I have been with someone who did in Ohio. It was an experience for sure.