Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Very Quick Recap of Events

I thought I would take a moment to recap and catch some of you up on the happenings in my life.

Where to begin...I was born one winter day in January...No! that seems a bit too far back! :-) Okay, seriously though...quick recap time...

Summer 2005: Girls State in June, got divorced in August

Fall 2005: Serious football time in the fabulous football room, made Thanksgiving dinner with Heidi, got a big raise at work finally! Learned about living on my own

Christmas 2005: got my first tree all on my own, held a dinner party at my place for my family of friends, celebrated Christmas with my LA family

January 2006: celebrated my birthday for over a week! You only turn 33 once!

April 2006: became an auntie to Marco Cesare Torre on 04/05/06!!!

Spring 2006: served as temporary Student Services manager and tried to start figuring out my life, lived through normal and not so normal crap at work.

Summer 2006: Girls State at Fresno State and the Governator! Started applying for jobs back East!

September 2006: phone interviews during the first week of classes at UCLA! talk about multi-tasking! ;-)

October 2006: flew to Pittsburgh for interviews and was offered job at Carnegie Mellon on Friday 13th! Spent the weekend in Wellsville and then flew back to LA to plan a cross-country move. Went to the UCLA-Washington State Game at the Rose Bowl (Marco's 1st football game!)

Alessandro, Heidi and Marco @ Rose Bowl October 2006

November 2006: Big month!
  • movers came Thursday, November 2nd;
  • last day of work Friday, November 3rd;
  • going away party Sunday, November 5th;
  • packed up car and started my cross-country drive Tuesday, November 7th;

  • arrived at mom's Friday, November 10th with NO SPEEDING TICKETS!!!
  • moved into new apartment Wednesday, November 15th
  • started new job Monday, November 20th
  • spent Thanksgiving with family in Ohio and went Black Friday shopping for the 1st time!
December 2006: fought forever with the cable company to get cable; USC lost to UCLA; went on my first post-divorce date; spent Christmas in Ohio with my whole family! Went to my first Steelers game on Christmas Eve.


That gets you to the start of 2007...which will be discussed in another blog soon!

I think that should catch you up if you have been out of the loop.

0 comments: