Thursday, November 29, 2007

Good Intentions

My intentions for the day were to take lots of nyquil, sleep and knock this cough out of my body and make my throat feel normal again. After sleeping in, a hot bath, lots of tea and nyquil I thought I would work on some writing. But I needed to find something...

I did not find what I was looking for but what I did find was quite timely! I found a journal from the time I was getting divorced. It was not a consistent writing time for me but that seems to make sense looking back now. However, there are some very insightful entries but the best one was one that I believe I needed to see NOW.

From a journal entry:

"Here's a reason for using these questions-- by doing so you acknowledge that it isn't the answers that matter, but the process of asking. You stop focusing on when ______ happens, then you will _____. You start saying, "Now is now, I am okay, and I can start living in the flow now, where everything is valuable."

"Today's Intention: To notice when I focus on the end result, the goal, rather than the unfolding path."

Yet another gentle reminder from the universe! Be present. Be aware. Breathe! Just breathe and be where you are. I am guessing that I will keep getting these "reminders" (universal smack upside the head) until I relax into my flow and accept the present for the present it is and just be.

*sigh*

Now is now.

I am okay.

I AM OKAY!

I am.

1 comments:

Matt Brown said...

That's great Nicole! I am so glad you are doing this... I look forward to reading more. -- Matt