Monday, November 26, 2007

Healing My Heart

They say time heals
the broken heart
I guess that is a good place for one to start
but…not tonight
Time stands still

Creeping, slipping by, dragging me down

Tonight

I hurt tonight

Oh, I ache…yeah, that’s right

I have given up the fight

Tonight

I

Hurt

Tears sting my eyes and bring little comfort to my beating heart

Fears invade my serenity pushing the teardrops to the ground

Why have I failed and been let down



Deep sadness fills

my

dreams

Lost ---
----abandoned -----

----hopeless-----

Emptiness beyond words

My Dreams

Where have they gone?


© copyright 2007 by Nicole M. Willis

3 comments:

Mom said...

That poem is beautiful and breaks my heart. Love, Heidi

tonepham said...

That is a very deep poem; but as you hurt alway remember this....
"Jake: i think your heart grows back bigger ya know, once you get the shit beat out of you. And the universe lets your heart expand that way, cause thats the function of all this pain and heartache that you go through and you gotta go through that to come out to a better place"
Why are we always quoting from movies...
hehe...
Keep your chin up cause you will always have good friends to cheer you up and listen to the crap those idiots said to you.

Anonymous said...

This broke my heart too, and was all too familiar... Pain and happiness flicker, as does love. Life is crazy in its intesity and ever-changing character. Sometimes the only way to "hold on" (stay sane?) is to embrace the change. It offers some amazing surprises, if nothing else.

You have your friends, who adore you. I hope that humble thought can put a smile on your face. Love, Bet