Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today: Cold and Early

I woke up early just like every other Saturday morning to head out to my Weight Watchers meeting. I was not overly concerned about what the results would be this week as I literally got my ass chewed up and handed to me. Thus what the scale had to say was of little concern. I was more interested in connecting with some amazing souls that would help me pick myself up and get my head back in my game.

Today I was jiggly according to Barb. I told her that I had had a rough week and was not concerned about being up and she told me that all I was being was jiggly on the scale. Personally, I think it was just that the universe was not sure what to do with me and my slightly adjusted attitude. Who is this woman standing here not afraid of the scale? What happened to the panicked Nicole who fears the failure of being up one week and down the next? Where did she go? Huh? When did this shift happen? How? Wha...

I know that I am not in a hurry and I am not on a diet. I am changing my life. Changing my life involves changing the way I look at food, failure and faith. Changing my life is not something I just woke up one day and said this is how it is going to be. Nope, it has been small and subtle changes in some areas and bold changes in others. This week in my work life I took some pretty bold steps to positive change. In my personal life I am working on smaller changes that over time will add up to great rewards. For now I triumph in little things and hang on to them with both hands at times because this journey is not for the weak of heart or the weak of integrity. I am changing my inside and having faith that it will lead to outside changes to match.

So this week I am just one of the trouble makers who causes Barb grief in a 8 am meeting. More than that I am a brave one who braved the frigid temps and the nasty scale to come and get an invigorating boost from my friends and know that given time it will work itself out. Now if I can just get to the bottom of what has had me stuck in the same weight range and bust through it I will be joyous beyond belief and feel like I have beaten down one more demon that I am tired of carrying with me.

*Sigh* For now I think it best to crawl into bed and give all of me a well deserved rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! such inspired writing :) this is engaging and vulnerable, graceful and powerful!!

i'm so glad you're doing this :)

oh. and by the way.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nicole said...

Thank you! I am always happy to hear from you. :-)