Monday, November 3, 2008

Returning to Gratitude

I have been feeling lousy. Sick really. And as much as I hate to admit it...I am sad. But it is different this time. It is a longing for something or someone in my life like I have had before. A best friend, a lover, a confidant and breakfast in bed. Silly, I know but today in the shower as I was rinsing my hair I realized that I needed to get back to the basics.

So today is a day of gratitude.

I am grateful for living in a country where I can cast my vote without fear and with lots of hope.

I am grateful for amazing friends who are far and near.

I am grateful for a life that I have created and enjoy.

I am grateful for yummy cheeses and wines as I watch football.

I am grateful for being near to my family when they need my support.

I am just plain grateful for all that I have.

I know that in time my sadness will be filled with a love like none other. I know that my heart has healed and my life is taking the shape the I have for it. I know that I am learning and growing and will continue to do so when I invite someone into my life and into my heart. However, today I am grateful, incredibly grateful, for the path I have taken and the path I have chosen and all that is has in store for me!

THANK YOU!

0 comments: