Thursday, March 20, 2008

They Love Me and I Love Them!!

Yesterday at work I was cleaning out my office and found an open 12 pack of coke. I had a shipment of drinks being delivered today for Open House and wanted to make room. So I placed the cokes in the common area and wrote a quick note...


A poster by Nicole endorsing drinking



It was pointed out to me today that my students found this to be very funny.

Here is the email that went around with the picture:


At our next parties, we should have this poster that says "Please drink =)" and is genuinely written and signed by our very own Nicole. Because that was actually at the lab today.

Well, it was next to a bunch of cokes truth be told, but I don't think this makes the poster any less awesome. ;)

The original is still at the lab on the cart if someone wants to grab and hold on to it...




The irony is that at the end of the summer I plan two back-to-back parties, one for graduating students and one for incoming students. Last year there was lots and lots and lots of beer. This endeared me to some beyond my imagination! So I guess in some way I do endorse drinking but not today there is too much work to be done!

I am the guardian of them according to one faculty member and I am the keeper of the candy and the maker of cookies and the peace maker and the the endorser of drinking! Who knew my job was sooo much fun?

1 comments:

*marisa said...

That is a cute story! And: free beer will always endear you to many--especially students! :)