Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Los Angeles Part 3...More Walking...

Heidi and I left the boys and headed to Santa Monica to look for a letterbox. I am not a letterboxer but Heidi is and it was a great chance for us to just spend some time together. First, we hit 3rd Street Promendade for some pizza and then we went for a walk...and then some more walking...since when do people walk so much in LA? Good thing I had been getting more walking in after I moved to Pittsburgh! I really was not complaining as it was a beautiful, albeit cool, afternoon. See how pretty! We did find the location of Heidi's letterbox but the place was closed on Sundays! So we just enjoyed the views!!



Santa Monica from Ocean Avenue.




Santa Monica Beach



Santa Monica Pier

It was so nice to be back and be able to walk around in winter wearing capri pants and sandals. Although, I will admit that I am still a California girl with California blood and the cool temps were quite chilly and I really lamented the fact that I had worn my sandals! But it was a gorgeous day and I got to spend it with my best friend. It was great to just do things like we would normally have done.

My poor winter feet which had been properly pedicured upon arrival were quiet blistered by the end of the afternoon! But it was all worth it to be with Heidi and to be in the SoCal sun! We headed back home and I had to get ready for dinner at Julie's. I had some wonderful help with my hair...

Marco was very fascinated by hot rollers in my hair.
So he decided he was going to help make me beautiful for my dinner.


It was time to take them out according to Mr. Marco...he is the boss!

My work is done with her and now I can play with the curlers!


After my styling session with the little man it was time to head down to Long Beach. I was very much looking forward to this familiar drive and it was a gorgeous time of day...just about sunset! I was going to enjoy the culinary stylings of Ms. Julie!!! And a surprise from Tam! I was so excited! I headed down the 405 to the 110 and when I got to the bridges one of them (I don't know which one) was just so pretty with its blue lights. My driving and picture taking does no do it justice but pretty none the less!

I believe this to be the Vincent Thomas bridge but I know it as one that gets me to Julie's!


Gorgeous sunset sky driving through Belmont Shore almost to Julie's!

I arrive at Julie's and literally have to bang on the door to get their attention! They were in the cave, otherwise known as the kitchen! But alas I was allowed to enter and greeted warmly (and finally!) by Tam. Tam is awesome! And that is not just because he brought special wine for me! He is kind, friendly, funny, sweet, thoughtful and way cute! I am so glad he came into Julie's life around the time I departed SoCal.

We enjoyed an amazing brunello brought from Tuscany with some cheese and bread. Then it was time for Julie to get her cooking groove on and I have to admit I was blown away! I knew she could cook but this was gourmet! We had a seared ahi steak with avacado over greens with a vinagrette that was so flavorful and perfect. We talked and ate and had an incredibly relaxing evening. Tam even showed us pictures from his recent trip to Italy. (Clearly I did a poor job of documenting my trip this time but next time!)

The evening came to end too quickly as we said so long and I headed home. It was so wonderful to just relax and know that I am leaving Julie is good hands! And a recent note is that I get to see Julie again in two weeks when she is in Pittsburgh for a client presentation!! I will be sure to get some picture of us then! :-)

I get home and settle in for a good nights sleep as I have another day planned and will need my rest! Stay tuned for traveling back in time to my glory days at USC and adventures in babysitting!

Ciao for now!

1 comments:

Julie said...

I get to see you TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe how lucky I've been - getting to see you twice in just over a month!!!!!

:-D

The brunello's long gone, but we'll have to have a martini or two. After all, you did post a sign insisting on it!