Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chipped Nail Polish

It has been a long and overdue while since I have braved the posting world of this blog. I know that some of you have missed me and I am coming back. Well, really I never left just went into internal mode for a while. I am starting to reappear and it is amazing!

Now, why now am I back?!?! Well, I chipped a nail today. Really they were chipped hours after I painted them and I even threw in a bottle to touch up before my workshop. I needed to look perfect or atleast as close to perfection in my brain. For me today that meant have non-chipped nails. HA! The universe had other plans for that one! And who am I am fight with that! So tonight as I stare down at my fingers flying on the keyboard I smile knowing that my nails are chipped and somehow I have made peace with this.

Why is that you ask?!?! I release this overarching need for constant perfection in a messy life. I release myself from this constant barrage of negative self-talk that wants me to hide my powerful hands because a tiny spot of nail polish chipped off!

Pft!

I. DON'T. THINK. SO!

I am ENOUGH! Just in the messy, imperfect state that I am in right now!

I am enough. I am worthy. I am valuable. I am beautiful. I am!

So just for today the end of the first day of a long peeling back of layers workshop, I say to the world:

I AM ENOUGH! I AM!

And with a smile coming from my core I am back and watch this site for more discoveries and unfoldings and more about
Nicole.

Namaste!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU. ARE. ENOUGH.

And I want you to help me get to that place.

I'm thrilled our paths have crossed. I'm following you. Thank you again for your support today/tonight. It means a lot. And you did a fantastic job up there, chipped polish or not (I just didn't bother painting mine at all!).

erin @ the mother load
http://abbyandizzysmom.blogspot.com
@erinlynn76

Nicole said...

thank you for this! :)