Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy?

What do you do when you have no known drama in your life? What do you do when you are at a point in your life where most unresolved crap has been resolved? What do you do when you are working on issues but it takes time?

I am at a place in my life that is, well, new to me. I do not have drama. I have work on resolving many past issues that needed resolved. Now I am sitting here wondering what to do next and can't help but wonder if this is it...am I happy here?

No- I am not drunk. No- I am not depressed. I am just at this junction in my life where work is good, I am working on making changes in my life that I want, I like my home, I like the city I am in and quite honestly I am pretty content. Why then as humans are we so unsettled by this place of contentment? Why am I so unsettled by this? I mean shouldn't we be happy? Sounds simple and yet I feel like it is quite complicated. Shouldn't I be happy?

Maybe I am just a bit overwhelmed by the fact that again I am at a place in my life where there is little tying me down and I am wondering what else I can get into out there. You know the "something more" that is out there.

*sigh*

I now wonder if this just sounds stupid???

3 comments:

Julie said...

That doesn't sound stupid at all. What do you do? Well, what most people do is mistake comfort and happiness for boredom and discontent. So they go CREATE more drama, just to feel normal again. It's unsettling because we're not used to it, that's all. Enjoy it!!

Nicole said...

Funny thing is that I am settling into enjoying this and am really trying to focus on being present in it. It is like I have finally arrived! :-)

wellah said...

It all sounds good! Just pursue what you want to and see where you end up! :) (Noelle)