Sunday, July 5, 2009

Moving?!?! Not so fast...

I have been looking for apartments for months now. A month ago I found the one I wanted at a really amazing price and in the neighborhood I wanted to move to for the next chapter in my life.

I had been less than excited about the move but some how thought that it was what I wanted. I made arrangement to sign my lease and get my keys last week. I headed out to the appointment only to find out that the place had been flooded and the damage was pretty bad. It was uninhabitable and it would take some time for them to do the repairs and restoration. I was out of a new place. I was a bit sad, a bit panicked and a bit hopeful. I spent the end of last week on a bit of a whirl looking at place after place after place after place after place...and on and on. I was shown places that were not even what I was looking for and shown places that I would really not ever want to live in and shown places that did not even meet my requirements. So frustrating!

I meditated on it and I thought about while driving around neighborhoods and I dreamed about it...I am staying put. I have to go talk to my current leasing company and get a renewed lease worked up but for whatever reason I am supposed to stay put. Not sure what this means but it was very clear to me that I am where I am supposed to be and should just sit with this for a while as some is on the horizon for me.

So I am listening, I am staying here and I am hugely grateful for what I have.

0 comments: