Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finally Seeing for Myself...

It's amazing when you discover you purpose in life.

(I know that I do a good job at my work and I am not talking about that part of my life.)

I am talking real, true, all-around purpose for being in this world.

Yeah, big shit! :-)

I am going to make some statements that seem obvious to many that read this but bear with me.

I am really good with people. Seriously! I am very keen on knowing what they need and how to take care of them before they even know. I sense and feel and soak it all up. I am learning about this fantastic gift more and more each day.

People like to me around me. Because I sense, feel and soak it all up. I never understood this but now I do. When I am present and focused I am able to help calm and soothe another person. Some think it is magic....or something special that only I have. That may very well be true but it is a huge gift and I am honored to have it.

I am really good at what I do. Not making a fuss here just finally see this for myself. To have some look me in the heart and tell me how grateful they are for all the hard work I have done just touches me to the point that I have to recognize it. I care. I do. I make things happen. This is my gift.

My purpose in this world is to take care of people. And the fantastic realization is that in order to serve my purpose I have had to shift my view on something. I have got to take care of me FIRST.

This year was dedicated to finding balance in my life. While I struggle with this year's plan on a daily basis...I strive for it. I have to do it for me. When I take care of myself, I am able to be clear and present to serve my purpose in this world.

By taking control of my own care and happiness, I have been able to help others make strides to this for themselves. In this effort, I have found my heart to be healed, fully open and fully present to the love that is all around. It is not about looking for a boyfriend or husband (as my mom would like!) but rather it is about being open and caring and ready for all the amazing gifts that get scattered in my path.

I am honored to have the gifts that make me who I am. I know that there are some in my life who think I should have been able to see these things long ago...or atleast have been telling me such things. They will be happy to know that I am getting it. I am!

And in the midst of all of this getting it has been crazy travel, crazy work and crazy deadlines and crazy never being home...and I have been able to be in control! I am not spinning out of control...I am not a withering wimpy flower...nope, not Nicole.

I am powerful...and understand how to use this power! I am amazing and talented. I am gifted and sensitive. I am in control and present. I am sweet and kind. I am kick ass and tough. I am soft and strong. I am open and available. I am so grateful!

0 comments: